Don't be a Tourist in Paris: The Messy Nessy Chic Guide by Vanessa Grall
This is the ultimate bible to Paris unknown. Grall's guide is a vault of secrets, insider advice and little-known urban anecdotes.
All you antique lovers in search for treasures and beauty in Paris will appreciate her section on antique shopping as much as her chapters that take you down beautiful streets and unlock secrets to Paris even locals don't know. This is a book, which is not your average guide book, is for lovers of Paris and locals who want to experience all this city has to offer.
This Second Edition update has almost twice as many secrets as the first edition!
A taste of what you can expect:
- 20 Secret Restaurants
- 70 Time Traveller’s Bars and Cafés
- 50 Romantic Hideaways and Unique Date Ideas
- 60 Unexpected Cultural Alternatives to major museums
- 50 Movie-worthy Walks & Eye-opening Neighbourhood Discoveries
- 35 Cabinets of Curiosity and Aladdin’s Caves
- 50 Hip Parisian Hangouts
- 50 Places to Inspire & Use Your Creativity
- 35 Booklover Havens
- 60 Local Food Gems
- 40 Places Parisian Families actually take their Kids
- 65 Urban Retreats
- 30 Obscure/ Underground Adventures
- 50 Budget-friendly life-savers
- Endless good-to-know Paris tips
WHAT'S NEW IN THIS SECOND EDITION?
New off-beat investigative walks, collector’s addresses, location scouting and people-watching spots, new dining discoveries, in-depth flea market advice, clues for architectural hunting, creative new ways to escape city life without really trying & much more…
Vanessa Grall, the author, is a London girl who moved to Paris and never looked back. Her blog Messy Nessy Chic is described as a 'chic cabinet of curiosities', and it records her bohemian adventures in the city. Her eye for style, both classic and kitsch, has won her a huge, dedicated following, with over 1.5 million unique visitors to her website per month, and 400,000 subscribers on social media.
In addition, Vanessa's charisma has seen her profiled in Porter, Vogue, Conde Nast Traveller, and The Daily Mail.